Πέμπτη 24 Απριλίου 2014

Book Of The Month: Agatha Christie's "Postern Of Fate"





Hello guys! Long time no see, I know. I deleted all of my previous blog posts because I wanted to start fresh and clean. I've been under the weather lately, 'cause school has been hectic and the final exams are on their way. I hope I do pretty well *fingers crossed*. As for my absence, don't worry, I didn't go anywhere. I've been here, reading your blogs and watching youtube videos to get new ideas and move my butt to write.

As for today, I am doing a review on a book that I've bee reading this month that I actually quite enjoy for the time being. I decided to structure my blog and do thorough, sincere reviews instead of small crappy ones. Be on the look out for a review of a pretty high end product.

So, onto my book review. Here's some pictures I took with my iphone, that's why the quality is quite crappy.


I was given this book by one of my beloved friends who really has taste in reading. At first I was sceptical since this kind of style isn't my cup of tea. I'd rather read a cheapy crappy chick-lit snuggled in my chunky sweater instead of scaring myself to the point of insomnia. But this little gem quite captivated me. It's the Greek version, but I'm gonna show you the extract of the English version which may vary.

"The Queen of Mystery has come to Harper Collins! Agatha Christie, the acknowledged mistress of suspense—creator of indomitable sleuth Miss Marple, meticulous Belgian detective Hercule Poirot, and so many other unforgettable characters—brings her entire oeuvre of ingenious whodunits, locked room mysteries, and perplexing puzzles to William Morrow Paperbacks. Tommy and Tuppence Beresford return in Christie’s classic Postern of Fate, to investigate a deadly poisoning sixty years after the fact."

-taken from https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/102311.Postern_of_Fate



Now onto my review. So in this book, Agatha Christie's advanced age is obvious as the characters, Tommy and Tuppence, actually forget the conversations they have and riddles that can be solved by the reader take chapters to get solved by the characters. Many people dislike this book as no real action takes place. But I quite like that since I really like the quiet flow and peace. It's a really easy book to read and I don't know I was intimidated by it at first and had it hanging around on my shelves.



Packaging: 3/5 
I find it a little dull but I really like the little horse toy it has on the front since it's relevant to the story.

Storyline: 3/5
Quite interesting but at sometimes, sort of predictable and boring.

Characters: 4/5
I really like that Tuppence always likes to mess with someone else's business and won't give up. Tommy is kind of irrelevant to me, he always says odd things.

Overall: 3.5/5
Not one of the best works by Agatha Christie but definetely if you're like me and like a quiet flow story, you should give this a read.

I'm so sorry of my absence.. I'll make it up in coming months.
Deuces!
xx Hope xx

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου